Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert strings (x and y) in graph

The picture wasn't good
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(765 Views)

That VI is - well I have no polite way to describe it.

How many times do you really expect that for loop to execute and how long to you think it will take. The part that I can see says 230000000 - 150000. Thats 229,850,000 iterations. Figure on 100 msec per iteration and I come up with 266 days.

You are not using building the data for the XY graph in the correct way at all and with each iteration you discard the old data. You are using a shared variable for no reason, and you aren't using any of the error in/error out connections.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(758 Views)
How can i 'remember' the previous measured values??

I've attached a new version, the variable is exit, the error-connections are connected but don't know what they do...

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(750 Views)

Or do you know a better way to measure and plot the data??

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(749 Views)
You have a couple of options. There is a shipping example called XY Chart. this makes an XY Grpah behave like a chart where you can send a single point to it and it will update and keep old data. You set a history length for the graph just like a chart. You can wire the x value and y value through a for loop orwhile loop and have autoindexing turned on. Outside the loop, bundle the two arrays together and wire to an XY Graph. You can use two shift registers inside the loop and a build array function to append a new x and a new y value to each array. Inside, the loop, you can bundle the two together and wire to an XY Graph. This last method is the least effecient because LabVIEW will have to be constantly resizing the array. In any case, I kind of doubt that the instrument has over 229 million points stored. You don't mention the model number of the instrument. Is there a driver for it? How did you come up that number for calculating the number of iterations for the for loop?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(725 Views)
The device is a rohde & schwarz ZVCE vector network analyzer...

What i'm meaning to do is... To measure from 150kHz to 230mHz.. I am doing this by setting a marker of the line and store the value of the marker..........

Where can i find drivers of the device?? if theye are there......??

I'm using labview 8.2

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(718 Views)
You always want to go to the Instrument Driver Network to search for drivers. LabVIEW 8.2 has a menu option to do the search for you. In any case, the search will eventually bring you to this on the R&S site. Download the 6.1 driver. Unzip the file and copy the contents to a folder in your instr.lib folder. Restart LabVIEW and you will have the functions on your instrument driver palette. Look at the getting started example. You specify a start frequency and a stop frequency and it downloads the trace data. You do not set a marker for each frequency and read point by point.
Message 17 of 18
(709 Views)
why am i so difficult?

it's much easier ! Smiley Very Happy

thank you very much!
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(706 Views)