LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert strings (x and y) in graph

I'm measuring from a network analyzer from Rohde & Schwarz and i read out the measurement data....

What i've got is the values of the y- axis (string) impedance, and the values of the x-axis (string) frequency

How can i combine them to one graph/plot?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,011 Views)
Hello Marten,
if you get the aquired data as Strings, use the conversion functions from the String->String/Number Conversion palette. You can feed in arrays of strings and get arrays of Integer/Dbl (depends on what function you choose).
To present the data use the XY- Graph from the Graph palette.
Greets, dave

Message Edited by daveTW on 02-27-2007 11:34 AM

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(2,992 Views)
How can i make a array of 2 elements (i'm using currently build array)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(2,985 Views)

i ment

1d array of cluster of 2 elements....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(2,978 Views)
If you want to display one plot you do it like this:

Have a look in the LV help about XY-Graphs, there is an example VI (XY Graph.vi) which shows all possible ways to get data into the graph (there are quite a lot).
Greets, Dave

Message Edited by daveTW on 02-27-2007 01:34 PM

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(2,965 Views)

I'm trying to get the plot in the graph... and it happens...

But...

He only shows the point of the value and he don't show the total line.........

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(2,957 Views)
Hi Marten,
why don't you attach the important part of the VI, this would make things easier. Did you have a look at the example?
Dave
Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(2,946 Views)
It sounds like you are reading a pair of values and immediately plotting them. The inputs to an XY Graph are an array and if you build a new array with each iteration, you erase the old values. To make an XY Graph behave like a chart (with history), then look at the shipping example called XY Chart.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(2,941 Views)

"He only shows the point of the value and he don't show the total line........."

If you're seeing only one point then you're not feeding the graph a full array.  If you're seeing all the points but they're not connected then that is simply a plot option.  You can change the plots properties to show only the point, or you can choose to connect the points in various ways.  Right-click on the plot and check Visible Items > Plot Legend (it should be there by default).  Then right-click the plot legend and you will see options for plot styles.  Try the first choice for common plots for smoothly connected points.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(2,937 Views)

This is it,

I've opened an example and the only difference is that he is out of the while loop, but when i do that he says that the memory full is....

(attached the file)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(2,923 Views)