LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Data in particular Row and column

Dear All,
                     i am using LV 7.1 & DBtoolkit for my new project. i can able to add new records using DB inser data.vi. I want to insert a single data in particular row & column. For example,

1. Find the recordset of Batch_no=AB1234, sample_no=1,
2. and update the data temp=65 from 0

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance.

Karthik
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,386 Views)

That's not an insert but an update command and the toolkit does not have a VI for doing it.

If you want, you can modify the insert VI to be an update VI. You will need to modify the VI that creates the initial parameterized query and then add a condition in the end.

An example for what the parameterized query should look like: update TableX set temp=? where Batch_No=AB1234 AND sample_no=1

(3,378 Views)

Could you please explain me in detail ? i am just beginer.

If possible, please get me a example. Because i have some other dat in same record set which should not change.

1.  need to find the record set which is having Batch_no = x and sample_no=y

2. then update the value of temp. (it should not impact my other data such as date& time, Lot_no.)

plz send one example.

thanks in advance

karthik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,373 Views)

Could you please explain me in detail ? i am just beginer.

If possible, please get me a example. Because i have some other dat in same record set which should not change.

1.  need to find the record set which is having Batch_no = x and sample_no=y

2. then update the value of temp. (it should not impact my other data such as date& time, Lot_no.)

plz send one example.

thanks in advance

karthik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,372 Views)

Here is a very simplistic example which simply builds an SQL query. I didn't test it and it's even possible that it is wrong and that I missed something.

I suggest you search for some tutorials about SQL and how to work with DBs.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

Thank you very much.

i did and tested successfully. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,361 Views)