LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input port, Pin 10 to pin 13, Do they have internal pull up resistors?

Do the inport pins have internal pull up resistors on the computer side?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,459 Views)
Need some more info here- what card?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,452 Views)
Hi Leicester,

It's Pete from NIUK Tech Support department here. I'm looking into this query for you but need to know what card you are referring to and which pins on the card you need to know about. If you let me know this information then I will be more than happy to look into the problem for you.

Best regards,

Peter H.
Applications Engineer.
NIUK.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,425 Views)
Hiya..U mean that different cards may have internal pull up resistors? All I know its that I'm using the standard IEEE 1284 parallel port and I read from a particular report, it says that a normal PC has internal pull up resistors...so I just want to comfirm about it. I shall check it out and let U know the card again.
cheers,
leicester
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,408 Views)
It looks like the IEEE standard does warrant pull-up for these pins. But it may depend on what chip is used on the mobo of your PC. Have a look here, it was my first Google search match out of 612 using "IEEE 1284" + "port" + "pull-up".

http://www.calmicro.com/products/data/pdf/ap_203.pdf

If you can access the Vcc pin and with all power to the PC off, you should be able to ohm out 1-4.7Kohm of resistance consitently between the Vcc pin and each pin in the range 10 to 13.

May I suggest further posts include more information on the specifics of the question.

Hope this helps!
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,402 Views)