cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializing BRAM on FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey guys,

I have a short question. In my BRAM properties I have set the initial values to 0. But if I write an FPGA code where I just read the first 11 addresses of my BRAM there are only ones inside the BRAM.

After this, I fill the BRAM with ones because I want to check under which condition the BRAM is reset to its initial values again.

As I mentioned, there are already ones in the BRAM although I run this bitfile for the first time (VI could not start after compilation due to a difference between VI and bitfile).

BRAM properties.PNGfpga code.png

So when does LabVIEW set the initial values of BRAM?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,591 Views)

Hey,

i just rebuild your example.

As seen in the attachment the set values can be read in the first initeration.

With the second run of the VI both FP arrays contain the same values.

After disconnecting the supply of the cRIO the default is also restored.

I also found this:

Does "IO Module\Reinitialize" FPGA I/O NODE reset my block memory to default (as set on project explorer) - NI Discussion Forums
http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/Does-quot-IO-Module-Reinitialize-quot-FPGA-I-O-NODE-reset-my/td-p/211124...

Message 2 of 3
(3,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Slev1n

Hey Jon,

thanks for your effort. I just tryed another approach. I now use two bitfiles. First one for initializing block RAM and second for the actual program. So in the first one I write zeros into block ram. These seem to be saved or at least the self initializing works...I dont care as long as the Block RAM is full of zeros when I start my main application 🙂

Kind regards

Slev1n

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,491 Views)