LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialise waveform array of 10 elements

Hi,

I have been nutting through the queue VI you swiftly made up and I was wondering if I could ask a number of questions which are probably very simple but I don't seem to be able to grasp them.

• in a waveform dataype does the array it builds just keep on getting bigger and bigger
  • When the initial conditions get passed through the loop and to the waveform function, does it then assume the initial values of the things that were passed to it.
  • and finally, does the queue function collate the number of samples it is meant to and then pass them in one array to the waveform function
  • if so, I am still worried that they will contain the same time stamp or does the queue function allocate an individual time stamp to each one.  I would ideally like the waveform graph to update every single time it samples.

Sorry about the questions but you have been a great help and as I am very new to LabView and only get to spend a few minutes here and there, I appreciate all the help I can get.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(639 Views)

Hi doljam,

in a waveform dataype does the array it builds just keep on getting bigger and bigger

When you program it that way: yes.

When you limit the array size by programming: no.

LabVIEW is a programming language…

When the initial conditions get passed through the loop and to the waveform function, does it then assume the initial values of the things that were passed to it.

Yes.

BuildWaveform works the same way as BundleClusterByName.

does the queue function collate the number of samples it is meant to and then pass them in one array to the waveform function

Yes.

As can be read in the help for that function.

I am still worried that they will contain the same time stamp

Did you notice my comment in an earlier post?

does the queue function allocate an individual time stamp to each one.

No. It only stores sample values.

I would ideally like the waveform graph to update every single time it samples.

It already does so…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(623 Views)