LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial value on XY Graph Problem

Hi everybody !

When I display data on XY Graph, the curve begins at the origin of the graph when my first data is different. How can I do to begin my curve at the right place ? When my last point is diplayed, the line of curve comes back at the origin of the graph. Thanks in advance for your answers. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,757 Views)

Hi LabDev,

it seems you have points at origin in your plot(s). When you don't need them you should not include them in your plots...

Don't you think it would help to show your VI when you wnat help for such a problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,756 Views)

I think it might be a problem of configuration in graph options but I don't find the correponding item in the different menu. So, is there an option allowing to avoid to begin at the origin (0,0) ?   

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,747 Views)

Hi LabDev,

the option is not to include the point (0,0) in your data!

Show your VI and we will (probably) spot the problem...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,744 Views)

The reason why I don't send my VI on the forum is I work on several PC and I cannot transfer my NI files on the computer which is connected to the web. So, I have to be the more precise and clear as possible :). The problem doesn't come from my data file. My data are correctly displayed, the problem is that a first point is displayed at coordonates (0,0) and after that the the second point displayed is the good one. At the end the line of curve comes back at the origin, like the graph was initialise to begin at (0,0) and to fish at the same point.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,739 Views)

Hi LabDev,

when the first and the last point of the plot is at (0,0) then you have those points in the data that is wired to the graph!

Delete those points and you will be fine!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,736 Views)

Please don't keep insisting that there is a configuration problem with the graph. As Gerd has said three times now, the problem is with the data. The graph simply displays EVERYTHING you pass to it. It does not add anything.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,734 Views)