LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherit from LV Web Service

I have a created a Child Web Service class that inherits from Web Service. In my Web Service startup VI I am unable to use my class, because if I put it on the connector pane in the place of the Web Service.lvclass that is there by default, I get error −67001: LabVIEW Web Services: The Web service is undefined. This tells me the class object isn't being set correctly even though it's on the connector pane.

Can I do what I want? It would seem kind of silly if we are able to inherit from Web Service but then not use the child class in place of the parent on the Startup VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,335 Views)

Hi Greg,

Can you provide a little more detail about your use case? Why do you want to inherit from Web Service.lvclass? Is there a reason why Web Service.lvclass does not meet your needs? I only ask because I have not found anyone else that has reported this error so I can find no information about it.

I tried to do something similar to what I thought you were doing and are not getting error -67001:

Capture.PNG

Can you provide any code that shows this behavior? Where do you get this error? When you start the web service? If it inherits, I would imagine it should work as you want since it has all the necessary methods/data that LabVIEW would need, but I'm not 100% certain.

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,215 Views)

Did you deploy and run the web service? This is a runtime, not compile time, error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,161 Views)

Hi Greg,

I did deploy and run it. Can you provide a snippet?

Best Regards,

Matthew B.
Offering Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,133 Views)

I will this weekend; this has kind of taken a back seat just because I got it working without inheritance. Thanks for your responses. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,117 Views)