LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inf in "Relative Time" formatted constant crashes LabVIEW

Stumbled on interesting crash behavior in LV2012: I have a DBL constant on the BD of a VI that is used to represent a timeout constant, so I set the Display Format to "Relative Time". Originally, it was set to 90:00 (ninety minutes), but for testing purposes, I tried changing it to "Inf" (no timeout). It immediately crashed LV.

Tried again in a new VI. Just add a DBL constant, set the format to relative time, then try to set the value to Inf. It crashes consistently.

I can probably work around it, but it's worth noting (and opening a CAR?). Can anyone confirm this behavior?

Message 1 of 7
(3,000 Views)

...I should add: if I start with "Inf"--that is, if I use default numeric formatting and set the DBL constant to "Inf", and then change the display format to relative time--it does not crash LV2012. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,999 Views)

I can confirm that it does the same thing on my Mac version.  LV 2011 does not crash.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,989 Views)

I can confirm that for LV2012 on Win XP.

I sent a crash report as well and its report # is e7107636-902a-4bad-9521-e0f06f9f847d

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,974 Views)

This was reported to R&D in CAR 375872.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,964 Views)

Note:  A control or indicator formatted to relative time also causes a crash.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,959 Views)

CAR 375872 discussed in this thread has been fixed in LabVIEW 2013. For a more complete list of bugs fixed in LabVIEW 2013, check the LabVIEW 2013 Bug Fixes. You can download an evaluation copy of LabVIEW 2013 at http://www.ni.com/trylabview/ or if you have an earlier version of LabVIEW installed and an active SSP subscription, you will be able to download the latest version of LabVIEW through NI Update Service.

Jeff Peacock

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,873 Views)