LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Array for running data

Solved!
Go to solution

Okay.  I see what you are saying.  I wasn't following, mainly because it was an answer to a question by the OP, which really wasn't a clear enough question and a question that getting the answer to wouldn't help them understand the underlying problem they were having.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(1,497 Views)

Agreed, apologize for the confusion. I think theyre on the right path now though.

-Matt
Message 22 of 30
(1,495 Views)

I'm having a little trouble incorperating the Get File Position into my code. How do I hook it up? I don't think this is correct. Thanks, Andrea 

GetFilePosition.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(1,472 Views)

Andrea,

If you post the code i can rewrite it for you, but im pretty sure you no longer need the file position because you are not reading back the array from the file. You should take the index of element from the search array and use that to index the hex integer string array. Then have an indicator for the output of the index array.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 30
(1,462 Views)

Here's my code so far 

Thanks, 

Andrea 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(1,457 Views)

Hi andrea,

I just rewrote this, im assuming this is what youre looking for. I made 2 revisions.  The first i added the element at the index of A5, i also gave you the option for a subset of the array starting at A5 because i remember seeing something like that in an earlier post.

Let me know if this works.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(1,452 Views)

Can you save it as 2013? I can't open it as 2015 

Thanks, 

Andrea 

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(1,446 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndreaD

2013 version attached.

-Matt
Message 28 of 30
(1,444 Views)

Thank you, it works! 

Question - why does the index of element jump to -1? 

Thanks, Andrea 

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,437 Views)

If the search 1d array does not find the element, in your case A5 is not in the array, the response will be -1.

You can look in the detailed help for seach 1d array if youre interested in its functionality.

Also, good habits for the forums are to mark solutions to your posts and then start new posts for new questions Smiley Wink

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,433 Views)