LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing Num Legend Rows crashes LV if Stacked Chart

Hi Hans,

This is CAR that is targeted to be fixed in the near future. Your subVI did repeatedly crash my LabVIEW when added the LegNum property node. I did notice that you didn't have VI server to update the values on the main value. Here are a few links to explain VI Server, Programmatically Controlling VIs, Programmatically Controlling LabVIEW.

I apologize for your experience using this particular property node!
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 60
(2,383 Views)

Thanks for your answer 🙂

But then I don't understand workaround #2 (described a few replies before from Juan Galindo):

"2. Place the stacked plot in another VI and show it on the front panel via a sub-panel. Then use VI server to programmatically update the chart."

So there's no workaround, or?
Or have I done something wrong in my VIs?
Yes, you're right, I can update the values in the "test chart.vi" using VI server set property but I still cannot change the number of stacked plots, or?

Best regards
Hans

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 60
(2,372 Views)
Hi Hans,

The VIs that you sent me did not use VI server to update the property node. However, like the workaround says, it is possible to update the the front panel using VI server.

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 60
(2,360 Views)

In the examples and descriptions (of using VI server) I've found, only values of controls of the opened VI are changed, but no property node like "LegNumRows" property node of the Chart !

So I don't know how I should change my VIs to set the "LegNumRows" property node of the Chart in the "test chart.vi" with VI server 😞

Can you please modify my VIs the right way or can you give me a hint?

Best regards
Hans

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 60
(2,336 Views)
Hi Hans,

Please take a look at this and this

Good luck!
Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 60
(2,321 Views)
2. Place the stacked plot in another VI and show it on the front panel via a sub-panel. Then use VI server to programmatically update the chart.

can offer one example to show how does it work

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 60
(2,303 Views)
Please take a look at the above forum posts to understand VI server and tips on how to use it.

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 60
(2,286 Views)
Yes, I did ,
however, unfortunately and confused, when I try to use Sub-panel and VI-server to update  the polts LV crash too.
WHY?

regards
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 60
(2,260 Views)
Cooberry,

This is a bug that has already been reported to R&D. They are still working to fix this.

I am sorry about your experience with this!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 60
(2,227 Views)

According to the 8.5.1 bug fixes at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6927, this is reported to be fixed.  "Fixed Issue > Front Panel"

4CUGA5RK

Resizing stacked plot chart legend at run-time crashes LabVIEW

but my example vi in the first post now gives an error even when decreasing the number of legend rows.

Error # 1000 "This vi is not in a state compatible with this operation" at the Legend : Number of Rows property.

The original 8.5 Known Issue is at http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6449#4CUGA5RK

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 60
(2,169 Views)