Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect data across datasocket

Thanks Ben,

At this
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(545 Views)
Hope you've got it sorted, but if not i have noticed a similar issue which is caused by datasocket not reading correctly, i have had to set up my software to read datasocket results twice to ensure the correct values are read! it is as though a connection to the datasocket is not correctly established on the 1st read. if you know an alternative fix to this i would appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(532 Views)
Stewbert,
The heart of the problem I encountered lies in a global array publishing to a datasocket server, it will , under certain circumstances, not give correct data at the subscribing end.

Following a several week communication with NI tech support, we came to the conclusion that a work around was the best solution.  We still haven't really found the "fix".  Probably never will!

The work around was simply to create a front panel array that reads the value of the global array and then publishing the front panel array across the data socket rather than publishing the global across the data socket.   It seems rather odd that there would be a difference, believe me I know, but it works!

BEFORE-- global boolean array publishes to DSS, global boolean at remote subscribes to DSS.    Errors will occur

AFTER-----global boolean array is read by front panel boolean array, front panel boolean array publishes to DSS,  global boolean at remote subscribes to DSS.    NO ERRORS.

Don't know if this will help you but its a high level summary of what I went through.

Gold
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(527 Views)