LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorporate analog output with analog inputs

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program that outputs 2 analog output waves and a separate program that inputs analog data through several NI devices. I need to incorporate the analog output program into my analog input program. 

The analog output program is attached as "AO_Triggers_LowLevel.vi" and the analog input is attached as "ExperimentDAQ.vi". When I try and integrate these programs I receive "Error -200560 occurred at DAQmx Wait Until Done.vi" at my Wait Until Done function of my analog input task (bottom task of program). I think there my error is in the order I'm wiring up my error wires but I am unsure. I've looked at multiple tutorials (i.e. Timing and Synchronization Features of DAQmx) but I'm totally stuck.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Alberto M.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,084 Views)

Why do not show us your actual vi which generates the error? These two which work are irrelevant, since we cannot see how you integrated them...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,047 Views)

Sorry, I should have explained better. The "ExperimentDAQ.vi" program already includes the other program incorporated in it. This is my actual vi where I am generating the error. The "AO_Triggers_LowLevel.vi" is only included to show the working program that I need to incorporate into my full program. 

The image below shows where my error is occuring in my actual vi.

Error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,020 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martiaa3

I believe I fixed this issue. I extended my Flat Sequence structure to include the task and error lines of my analog output task and things seem to be working.  I am still unsure as to what caused my error and why this solved the issue...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,008 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author martiaa3

You need to start your AO task before the AI Task that is sending the trigger when it starts.  Originally, you had your AO task starting after the AI tasks and it therefore never saw the start trigger.

So you should move the Start Task for the AO to be inside of the sequence structure, not after it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,993 Views)

Thanks! I'll update my program to match this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,976 Views)