From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including the browse button in the tabbing order

Solved!
Go to solution

I am setting up a configuration dialog when my vi opens.  All fields are included in the tabbing order, however, when I get to the file picker, I am unable to activate the browse button using the keyboard.  Is there a setting for this or a way to include it in the tabbing order for when a mouse is not available? 

To be clear, the cursor enters the file path field and I can type in there, but I can not get it to focus on the browse button.

2017-02-17_9-58-10.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,231 Views)

That's a good question.  I don't see where you can get a reference to the browse button. (LV2012)

You could turn off the browse button associated with the file path control and make your own button that will popup a browse window.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,207 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jprukus75

Is there a setting for this or a way to include it in the tabbing order for

> when a mouse is not available?

Create a separate button to replace the built-in button.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,199 Views)

Thank you.  I knew this was an option, but was hoping there was a built in way to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,193 Views)

Or you can use a custom run-time menu with Ctrl+O shortcut.

The keyboard shortcut will work even if the menu is hidden.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,178 Views)

Although I was able to get a reference to the Browse button and mess with its properties, I couldn't get it to take focus when tabbing, nor could I set toggle key binding for it.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,170 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Although I was able to get a reference to the Browse button and mess with its properties, I couldn't get it to take focus when tabbing, nor could I set toggle key binding for it.

How did you get a reference to it?  Is that something added in later versions?  If you can do that, you could tab into the path control, hit Enter (or some other key) and use a key down event to toggle the button.    

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,166 Views)

I used the Selection Change Event:

se.png

Then when I click on the Browse button (in edit mode), "SelList" spits out the reference.

I don't know a non-interactive way to get a reference to the Browse button.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,160 Views)

Will this help?

bb.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,155 Views)

Or this.bb.png