LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include .NET assembly created in Matlab 2015b in Labview 2013

I have generated .dll file ( .NET assembly ) with Matlab 2015b deploy tool based on .m function, I am trying to include generated dll in Labview 2013 but i have a problem with mxArray data type ? Can someone give me proper directions how to integrate generated dll with Labview and use function from it mlfUcitavanje_mape(mxArray pathname) ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,055 Views)

Hello stefan1234,

Thanks for using NI Forums. In LabVIEW you can call Dinamic Link Libraries (dll) created in others programming languages with the Call Library Function Node. I would like to share with you this tutorial that shows how accesing dlls in LabVIEW.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DCB90714981A1F148625731E00797C33

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3009/en/ 

Regards!!!

Sebastian.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,024 Views)

Hello Sebastianm127,

I resolved my problem using constructor node for .NET, I made constructor node for my .dll generated from Matlab and generate method from it, after that i used MWArray.dll  in constructor node to instantiate MWArray data type for function parameter which I've used in .dll ... 😄
Regards !!!

Stefan 

Message 3 of 6
(3,011 Views)

Are you able to share screenshots or other details of what you did to accomplish the .NET assembly call using mwarray.dll?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,782 Views)

Hi Stefan1234,

Can you please share the .vi file or a screenshot  for how did you managed to handle the inputs and outputs to a .Net assembly generated by Matlab?

I've used Matlab 2015a and the deploytool to generate a .net assembly then I tried to call it from LabVIEW 2017 using node constructor. I received an error that the input is null. I tried to instantiate MWArray as you did but no clue. I am not sure if I managed to connect it right or not because I am new to LabVIEW.

Your help is really appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,478 Views)

Hi Stephan,

if a Matlab dll is supposed to return a numerical nxm array, how do you instantiate the data type to recover the numerical data from the MWArray output of the method you create from your Matlab dll constructor node? Can you show a jpg of this?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,011 Views)