LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Place structure bundle/unbundle behaviour

This is giving me flashbacks to a separate conversation I was having on the IE regarding required inputs.  It is frustrating to me that I am clearly not on the same wavelength as NI here.  I feel like required inputs should be relatively rare (and I think warnings are more appropriate).  My frustration stems mainly from the fact that everyone has their own idea about where to draw the line.

Me:  I think, if anything, the type input to bundle (probably Type Cast as well) should be required, it seems fragile to rely on implicit typing in that node.  At the same time I can not figure out why the format string is required in Spreadsheet string to Array when I can create the default empty constant and it promptly gets ignored by the function and it then works fine.

NI:  The type input to bundle is perfectly fine being optional, and by-gum you had better wire that format string.

Long story short:  There is a bug, I would not call it serious, others are more than welcome to.  My "fix" would be to make the type input on the bundle function required.  Lucky for you, I do not get to decide those things.

Message 11 of 11
(190 Views)