From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Labview 8.6 and MAX, can I edit a scale for a voltage read channel in a task once the application has been built and installed.

Solved!
Go to solution

In Labview 8.6 and MAX, can I edit a scale for a voltage read channel in a task once the application has been built and installed on a second PC. In fact, where is the scale info held?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,284 Views)

Hello,

If you are looking to create a scale that can be edited from within a built application I would like to point you two one of these two KnowledgeBase articles.  These articles outline the methods for creating a custom or programmatically set scale.  

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/12288DEB3C6A185B862572A70043C353

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/022EF0C2D86CD7F28625704C007B1E5D

Regards,

Marcus 

Marcus M.
PXI Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,261 Views)

Thanks for the reply. I have been able to read most of referenced docs. But being old, befuddled and generally thick, I am still unclear as to one aspect.

Once I have the application up and running on a separate computer, is it possible to edit the scale on that computer,. presumably this would be done with MAX. ( This is in Labview 8.6, on DELL PC's, Windows XP, with a PCI 6221 (D37))

Or must I rebuild the application.

(To date, I have only built applications where the user inputs calibration constants. These can then be filed and re-read from ad hoc text files. This has suited since they had very much reconfigurable inputs. The application to hand now has a completely fixed configuration for its transducer hardware,  It seems to me it would be cleaner/simpler/safer to deal with only "user units" in the program itself. But the scales would need a facility for re-calibration periodically.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,258 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KGM

Hi,

Once you have built your VI and compiled it into an executable and deployed it on a different machine it essentially becomes a read-only file, meaning that you will be unable to edit the scale within this deployed application.  

Regards,

Marcus 

Marcus M.
PXI Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,245 Views)