LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In LabVIEW, what is the keyboard shortcut to go to the next error?

In LabVIEW, what is the keyboard shortcut to go to the next error?

I knew a colleague who used this all the time, but I can't find any mention of it in the LabVIEW keyboard shortcuts help.

- Troy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,610 Views)

I don't know but will guess

ctrl-g

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,603 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I don't know but will guess

ctrl-g

Ben

I disagree.  (I make enough errors to have experience in this arena.)  Here's a list of keyboard shortcuts, and none of them apply to navigating the error list.

Here's something that works on my computer: Ctrl+L tab tab tab down-arrow enter

That's hardly a keyboard shortcut, though.  🙂

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 5
(2,599 Views)

Smiley Mad

Well then I have a chance to learn something today!

Good.

Standing by for the RIGHT answer.

Smiley Happy

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,595 Views)

Hey Troy,

Ben and Jim are all over this one. Your best bet in regards to error list navigation would be ctrl+L to bring the error list back up after you've addressed your error. I'm not aware of a more specific macro that would allow you to scroll through the errors on your VI.

Hope this helps!

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,572 Views)