LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Shared Library

Hello,

I am attempting to import DLL libraries that contain functions for a 2-port FastComm RS-422 Serial card. I am able to import all of the functions in the libary except the Read and Write functions. I was able to get past some of the warnings that I was missing header files by adding the paths to these headers files to the include paths list. I am now at a point where the wizard is telling me that the two functions (read and write) are not recognized because there are undefined symbols and I may need to add preprocessor definitions. I have also tried to bypass the wizard and use Call Library Function property nodes with no luck. I have attached two screen shots of the warnings I am getting. I really need to get these serial cards to work. The reason I am using the dll files instead of visa is that I was unable to get a baud rate above 230400 using visa and I need to get up to 1.2 Mbps. These cards can handle well over that so I am trying to use some of the asynchronous functionality of the cards with the provided DLLs.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,714 Views)
Please attach the header file(s). There's nothing we can do from truncated errors in screenshots.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,691 Views)

Sorry. Here you are. I can't attach the DLL file so I attached the source code. Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,680 Views)

I figured it out. I needed to install the Windows SDK 7.1 and Visual Studio 10 header files. Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,662 Views)