cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import text tile

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Sir,

I have some text files which need to be imported to labview, so that i can use those signal as a input for my future project.

I have tried importing those signals using Tools --> Advanced --> Import strings.

But i am getting some error which i have attached.  Please advise me what needs to be done.

Also, let me know whether  i am following the right approach.

Thanks

KJD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,776 Views)

Dear Sir,

I got the attached from the NI Website.  But i could not able to find the Load/Save Signals menu in LabView.

Could You please tell me where can i find that.

Thanks

KJD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,764 Views)
LabVIEW SignalExpress is not the same thing as LabVIEW. What are you actually using? LabVIEW has functions for reading files located on the File I/O palette. You should attach a sample of the file of you want detailed help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,743 Views)

Next time, just link to the source.  The effort put into the picture gave us less to work with than had you done so. 

You can go to Help->Find Examples and find some basic IO examples.  Or, you can do as Dennis suggested and show us the code you have so far and attach some sample data so we can offer advice on how to parse that data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,725 Views)

To get help on your code, we need to see your code.  Attach a VI (instead of a picture!), or embed its image in the message as a Snippet.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,682 Views)

Dear Sir,

Please find the attached for the VI and the text file which i need to be converted into waveform.

Please let me know, if there is any corrections need to be done in the VI.

Thanks

KJD

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,607 Views)

This is clearly a class assignment which you should do by yourself.  However, I'll give you a little hint -- read carefully all of the Help for Read from Spreadsheet File (be sure to read the Detailed Help).

Also, when I asked that you attach code and not a picture, I did not mean "attach a picture of your code".  When you attach a picture, you basically ask those of us who are willing to help you to (re-)write your code for you, as we cannot execute or test a picture.

BS

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,586 Views)
Why do you think that you need anything more than the graph and Read from Spreadsheet File?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,560 Views)

Dear Sir,

Please find the attached VI.  I could able to run it.   I have the attached the data which need to be converted using LabView.

Those are the frequencies from the machine.

I could not able to see the graph continously in the Front Panel.  Is there any problem in the Input File.

Please help me out.

Thanks

KJD

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,532 Views)

Go read my previous response, where I hint what the problem is with your code.  If you need another hint, look at your text file.  Come on, put a little effort into this yourself ...

BS

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,508 Views)