LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import imc FAMOS Measurement Data

In course of my Masterthesis I need to import Measurement Data from imc FAMOS *.raw format which is, as far as I know, the same as their *.dat format to analyze it with LabVIEW. I know that the format is well documented, but it would be quite extensive to implement the whole dataformat if a solution exists already.

My question is, if anybody knows about a solution which is less extensive than implementing the whole dataformat on my own.

As additional information I should tell you, that I use LabVIEW Student Edition Version 8.5.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,459 Views)

Hello eichimat2,

there is a FAMOS DataPlugin to read the Famos files, but the plugin is for Diadem.

Please extract the zip file into this folder

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\National Instruments\Shared\USI\Plugins\DataPlugins

and register it with a double click on the famos.usi file.

There is a option to use it now in LabVIEW

How Do I Use Custom Data Types from DIAdem with the Data Storage VIs?

I hope this helps.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,450 Views)

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I am sure that this is one step in the right way.

With the example at your link it was no problem to open the file and get the data. The only thing what doesn't work yet is reading the properties (with the information of the timestamp from the first sample). Do you have an idea how to get them? Is that a problem of this FAMOS DataPlugin or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards

mathias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,442 Views)

Hi mathias,

sorry i haven´t found an option to get the properties out of the file.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,428 Views)

Thank you for your endeavors! I think I am going to read the properties out of the file directly. For simple files I hope it won't be that difficult.

Best regards

Mathias

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,425 Views)