LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Configuration as real device not simulated

Hoping there is a way for this.

We have multiple DAQs and multiple computers that can be used in any configuration at any time. One computer has all the DAQs in NIMAX loaded. We would like to be able to grab any computer use any VI and use it with no worries of configuration (DAQ1 is DAQ1 on each computer).

I backed up the configuration file on the main computer, and attempted to export it on another. It states that all the devices will be simulated on the new computer. If they are simulated in NIMAX, correct me if I'm wrong, when I connect the real daq to that computer it will create a new device assigning it a new number, and therefore not allow the VI to work without re-configuration. Am I correct on this? How do I get around this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,353 Views)

NIerrors wrote:

I backed up the configuration file on the main computer, and attempted to export it on another. It states that all the devices will be simulated on the new computer. If they are simulated in NIMAX, correct me if I'm wrong, when I connect the real daq to that computer it will create a new device assigning it a new number, and therefore not allow the VI to work without re-configuration. Am I correct on this? How do I get around this?

When you add a read card, just delete the simulated device and configure the real one to be whatever name you need it to be.  Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes (including the loading of MAX).

Or if you really want to play it safe, delete the simulated device and then reimport your DAQ configuration.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,349 Views)

That doesn't seem to be a practical solution. As every system and every channel would need to be renamed manually (Some DAQS have over a hundred channels). I would be better off numbering all of our systems, and then doing a round robin with all of the computers. Just figured with how complex LabVIEW is there would be an easier solution. I don't understand why a device cannot be switchable between simulated and real that way you can test the actual hardware out and pre-test at a bench.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,343 Views)