From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impedance Analyze

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello it's  my first post. 

I have piezoelectric bender actuator(in attachment  picture). I want to make bender's impedance analyze with  DSOX3014A Oscilloscope , 33521AQ Function / Arbitrary Waveform Generator  and Labview.

What do you think about this project ?  What do you suggest me about it ?

Thank you for your time and attention.

*I am really beginner in LabVİew. If you suggest any document or tutorial , ı will be appreciate.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,042 Views)

For the impedance you need voltage and current

You can find FRF measurement examples shipped with LV.  Add a known resistor or maybe better a known capacitor and you can calculate the impedance.

You coarsly know the capacity of your DUT. You know the frequency range of interest.  I would try a mica capacitor about the same value of your DUT. connect the cap and the DUT in series and feed it with your generator. measure with two channels sync at the generator output and the junction between the cap and DUT. Do the math... DONE

Depending on the DUT it migth be whise to measure with noise and a sweep or stepped sweep. and compare the results. 

(For sine exitation I expect a lot of bending near the resonace leading to nonlinearity depending on the amplitude 😉 ...)

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,000 Views)
For both instruments you should find driver for LV in the driver network.
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,983 Views)

Excuse me. What is DUT mean ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,953 Views)

Device Under Test ....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,939 Views)

Thank you so much. I will try 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,926 Views)

Some thougths about your task:

Get the driver (LabVIEW-Help-find Instrument driver)  look for HP/AG/KS driver

I would configure the generator to a signal (noise/sweep) and use the trigger out to trigger the scope

Slow but more precise: output a sine, wait some time to settle, software trigger the scope (12bit mode?)  capture 20 to 100 periodes about 50 to 100points per periode

use the tone detection vi to 'fit' amplitudes and phases.

Use a state machine design ....

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,920 Views)

First of all, look for LabVIEW drivers, and setup/test communications with the devices from LabVIEW. Second, start learning LabVEW, it is going to be painful if you want to do a project without any basic level in this programming language. Here you find resources to start your learning:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Idiom-for-initialising-a-sub-VI/m-p/3086564/highlight/true#M882347

When you are able to communicate with your devices, and you understand how to use the different functions, you can start planning what you want to do with your piezo-sensors. In that part, I cannot help you.

Drivers:

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=9E84674573AF6AB8E0440021287E6A...

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=9AAF830ED6FD1947E04400144FB7D2...

But double check if these are the drivers you need...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,918 Views)

I downloaded NI-VISA 4.6 , because it is additional required software  but  Plug and Play Instrument Driver Installation Instructions says download latest version. What do you suggest.? Should ı uninstall NI-VISA 4.6 and download latest version  http://www.ni.com/download/ni-visa-14.0.1/5023/en/  ?

I downloaded drivers, they are zip files. Should ı do anything these zip files ? 

Than you for your time and attention .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ELEPRO

Oh what is the frequency range you want to look at?

If it's in the 20Hz to 40kHz range you can use ready made soundcard software !! 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,897 Views)