LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediately repeating the failed steps

Hi there,

I am running the test for 32 times using For Loop and it takes nearly 1 hour to finish it.

I am using a message window to see the result after each iteration to make sure if it does not Fail the test limit and after finishing the test it generates the HTML report.

Sometimes it fails the test limit but I have to go through the whole test and repeat the fail one again.

Is it possible that if it fails the test it could repeat just that For Loop iteration only and send the latest data to the HTML report.

Regards,

Faheem

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,883 Views)

If you were using a proper State Machine, this would not be an issue at all.  Given your situation, you should have a good look at the JKI State Machine.  Here is a video introduction of it: JKI State Machine Basic Introduction

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,880 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have gone through the video on Youtube and it looks easy using JKI state machine method.

I am just finishing my project and this is the last function i need to do.

So, there is no way to do this in my case?

Thanks

Faheem

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,867 Views)

You can use one more for loop inside that for loop with the conditional terminal like following.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,860 Views)

@Nanthakumar wrote:

You can use one more for loop inside that for loop with the conditional terminal like following.

Capture.PNG

Ugh, no!  You'll be trapped inside that for loop until it's done.  Best to repeat the state on conditions of error and times repeated.  That way you can hope to stop it in between iterations.  What if the test takes 1/2 hour to do once???

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,837 Views)