LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate Load Config

Here is the link to the 8133A user manual (3rd from the top)

http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/facet.jspx?kt=1&cc=US&lc=eng&k=8133

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 42
(1,344 Views)
Hi Jjlee
in a previous reply I attached a GIF file of the two arrays(one boolean ,one string) to show the problem.
The problem lies in your sequence frame, when you press the run button you actually execute a save !!!
The arrays need to be amended!!!

I'lldownload pdf file to browse .

chow for now
xseadog

Message 22 of 42
(1,341 Views)
Hi Jjlee
with regard to following previous question:
****#2. How can I remove the reset commands for re-initializing instruments with default setting? (Perhaps, both of above questions are closely related?)****
if you take your mouse over instrument vi (make sure your help is enabled:smileyou a brief wink: --control H if not)
it will give you a brief desciption of the vi (if written) but also highlight which terminals to wire.
Between the bottom 'error in' and the reference in ' top' both on LHS . See attached GIF.
Wire a constant (Fase to both ) to them.
This means that instrument
is not interogated.

If you check out the actual commands strings that are fired to the instrument you can use NI spy to check that every occurs as it should.

Please copy the four associated VI's HP **initialise to==>Close to a new vi.
Connect all the necessary wire plus correct addressing.
Start NI spy with save to disk  enabled.
Run the new vi with the four copied vi's
Upload the NI spy session so I can check it. Basically you should have a list of ascii text with timing details and the fired commands
as the vi's are executed. Red text indicates errors.

Xseadog

Message 23 of 42
(1,343 Views)
Hi xseadog,

1. I connected 'false' states to both 1) ID query and 2) Reset settings.
2. created a new VI with four-8133 VIs with change in #1. (attached)
3. somehow I could not directly attach the capture file to this message...(zipped)
4. on page 48 (page 3-14 on user manual), it seems that the min value of pulse width starts at 150ps....I wonder if this is the limit for external trigger...but I cannot verify...

Thanks,
BR,
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 42
(1,326 Views)
Hi xseadog,

I think I had uploaded an old VI.
This should be more like it.

BR,

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 42
(1,319 Views)
Hi xseadog,

Is there a method to query the instrument settings and synch to the FP and save the setting? ---pulling data setting into the FP...
(Instrument Setting ---> FP ---> Save into a file)

The current 'save' case only save the settings on the FP.

I am not sure how to do this.

BR,

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 42
(1,318 Views)
Hi Jjlee
if you read page 164 of manual you wil see that one can query the instrument settings with the following
command:
SYS:SET
You may have to add question mark at the end. Suggest you use NI spy at same time so you can see what happens. Note that the actualdata block is binary format  not ascii.
The actual instrument has 20 memory 'registers' so you could actually manually set up instrument for the different
test to be performed.Then you just have one vi block to content with -Recal memory X-then system ready to perform.
Advantage is that it saves coding! but it is essential that settings are noted in case the memory is corrupted or overwritten
by accident.  I prefer to use this solution if   there is a comptent operator running the system. Set ups are noted

and are availble for amendment.
However due toa vunerabilty,  QA departments  do not like this method as open to undocumented modification.

With regard to Saving FP settings, all that you need to do if run your appropiate VI (if it is working correctly)then under operate menu
Make current settings default. save vi as another name ie 'present FP setting.vi'.

I'llcheck out the NI spy data
Chow
xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 42
(1,315 Views)
Hi Jjlee
have looked at NI spy and I can follow the commands that you are sending!
Question have you set visa session correctly ( save as default )
as I have no GPIB interface on my home pc.

Unable to determine what is happening from Line 52
IS this session from running the uploaded vi ( 4 vi's)
or what ?

xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 42
(1,317 Views)
Hi xseadog,

- I will read thru the pg.164 and add the query command....btw, in which VI do I have to add this command?

- For saving FP setting, I was looking to #1. Read in the current settings from instruments to FP then #2. Update the FP instrument settings.
#3. Save this into a config file or text file for future setup...(can be read-in for future setup...if a user wants it...)
I think the saving vi into another vi would work, but a user has to remember the VI for any future use.

- It seems like setting up 'duty cycle' in 'external' mode does not work....I set 10% Duty cycle and the instrument shows...some lousy, big number...I try to understand the correlation, but unsuccessful...I wonder if the instrument.vi for 8133A is corrupted(?) (just a guess)

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 42
(1,311 Views)
Hi xseadog,

Yes, I did set each separate GPIB address assigned and made them defaults...

I think the scripts are from running (4 VIs of 8133s)...

I will verify this....
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 42
(1,315 Views)