LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate Load Config

Hi JJlee
ran your config vi-it appears to be functional.
One pt: you will helpself if you use a standard terminal configuration ie 4 inputs + 4 outputs
This makes it easier to align vi's. Also you can add auxilary input/outputs between the Left hand side (input) and the Right Hand side (Outputs)
ie top edge and bottom edge which will not affect the vin layout.Where as adding extra terminal on LHS and RHS  cause cosmetic  deviantsSmiley Mad
If you reread NI guide lines they recommend no more than 12 (maybe 16) terminal max per Vi  Smiley Wink

Checked you Main Vi 'Pulse Channel with Load and Save_no event _v09.4
In the Run state - True frame:
In the initialisation of HP8133 you query and reset Instrument !! Personally I would check the connection to instruments before loading config data.Your reset commands reinitialises instrument to default state. I suspect this is where you have a problem !
It take inifinite time for instrument to execute command But at same time you are firing off other commands.
(Attempting to load config parameters)
Suggest you either disable instrument reset or allow ~5 sec wait state before proceeding.

Using NI spy should highlight this problem !

Regards
xseadog

Message 11 of 42
(1,230 Views)

Hi xseadog,

Thanks for your helpful comments!

I will try your suggestion.

1. I did not quite understand your point 1 about 4 inputs/4 outputs. Are you talking about 'readkeyandbuildcluster_mod.vi' (?) Could you please provide some more details? How can I do this? Just change the terminal config?

2. How can I do the following?

On the program boot-up;

#1. frontpanel interface VI 'Query' and synchs up with the 'turn-on' settings of all instruments and prompt a user to load (existing) config file. Do I have to make another case for query or can I combine this with load config?

#2. How can I remove the reset commands for re-initializing instruments with default setting? (Perhaps, both of above questions are closely related?)

The bottom line is;

-to query initial instrument settings and update frontpanel  (and then)

- to prompt a user to load config file

Could you plz help? I really hope to get this working before I move onto other part of this program....thanks in advance!

sincerely,

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 42
(1,215 Views)
is this the correct way to do this?
I am not sure....

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 42
(1,200 Views)
Hi jjlee
I will attempt to check it out when I get home this evening Smiley Happy

As a point of help if you use the Labview User manual (LVuser.pdf)
See appendix  - section T - terminals.  The pdf file will automatically take you to the highlighted section.

That should give you an idea.

In short right click on icon : show connector Right click again
 Chose patterns then select row 3 number 4. This has 4 input and 4 output terminals

If you have more connections then I usually select Row 5 number 2.
Advantage being that I can still align these two different Vi with out having to reroute my wiring. So my dataflow is from Left to Right.

chow for now
xseadog
Message 14 of 42
(1,191 Views)
Hi xseadog,
1. I have reconfigured the subVI (readkeysandbuildcluster3.vi) using 4in/4out connector pane config.
 (should I take the similar step for 'writekeysandbuildcluster_mod2.vi' as well)?

2. I have created a case called "setting" after "load" case to set instrument settings.
   (moved instruments setting block from "run" case)

3. I did insert the new case in the default case, but I did not create a button for the frontpanel. Would there be any issue with this?

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 42
(1,176 Views)
Hi Jjlee
1: unfortunately you have not saved the new 'vi' in the same library or you have uploaded previous library.
This is not vital for you program to run it was just a hint to guide you to improve your presentation so debugging is easier !!

2: You run mode will not run because you have an error in your  Test Sequence Order see fram no event
the two arrays do not coresspond !!
Try copying section to new vi and run in debug mode see attached tif.

3 If there is no 'link to new frame then it will never execute as required.
You can either wire using button on FP or hard wire using case statement in each 'major' frame ie first time run then load frame after execution goes to 'new frame' and then after compeletion back to No event frame. Be very careful, state machines are not a piece of pie. A suggestion would be to initialise instruments with pre defaults ( ie Frequency range etc) then if need be load new setup. Most instruments have registers to save setups.Thus all that is needed is to recall the salient setup.The weak point is if someone overwrites you setup. However this can be checked by checking values compared to a text file ( ie supply voltage, frequency etc)
Remember no system is fool proof.

My advise would be to first sit down and try to phyiscally setup the configuration manually ( press buttons etc etc- then when you have seen the test aspect from the operators point of view write the program using labview.

xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 42
(1,159 Views)
I have noticed a couple of things with the v9.4.1. attached in the previous posting.

1. Timebase setting (HP8133A Ex-Div Timebase.vi)
This vi is in the "setting" case and I found out that the correct pulse settings are executed when the timebase is set in "Immediate" but not in "External" mode.
Is there a way to change this to altenative option?

2. Enable/Disable
Once an instrument is enabled, it does not get disabled..what could be the cause?
How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 42
(1,163 Views)
when the timebase mode is set as external, then pulse width sets to some unknown (large value ~9nS)value.
In fact, this alerts some 8133A instruments for a user to increase period (decrease width of a pulse)..I am not sure what is actually happening...is this the case of "overflow" state with instruments???

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 42
(1,158 Views)
Hi jjlee
could you please attach link to appropiate Agilent instruction manual as I do not have them or the time to search the net for them.
With regard to your enable disable query- what do you actually mean ? That you cannot manually control the instrument ? Once an instrument is 'controlled by external software(Labview) then it is
necessary to disable remote control usually a 'softkey' on front pane. All other keys are locked until this function is executed.

With regard to previous posts:
Have youi attempted to use NI spy ?
Have you tried to just run one instrument independant of your main program
Have you amended your arrays?
Have you updated/included your amended read-7write cluster mod 3 vi ?

Regards
xseadog
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 42
(1,156 Views)
Hi xseadog,

- the user manual (8133) is attached
- I mean the LV software does control 'enable/disable' trigger setting, but not the output and output bar. how can I modify this to change the output and output bar...not (just 'trigger channel output')?

- Yes, I had attempted to use NI spy (Turn capture on) and ran the program...I did not find any error (red description) for operation of "Load config" and "setting" buttons.
- what do you mean by running just one instrument? for load case?
- which array to amend??
- Yes, I did try modifying 'readkeyandbuildcluster_mod3.vi' and please let me attach the library file with the new vi included.

Thanks,
jjlee
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 42
(1,149 Views)