LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imaq Write File 2

Hey guys,

I'm writing a VI for my Smart Camera. I'm trying to use ImaqWriteFile2.vi, and I'm having some trouble with the file path. I understand that because I'm running the code on my Smart Camera, the file path specified will be on the camera itself rather than my dev pc, so a file path like C:\Users\Blah\... will not work. My question is, the camera is connected to my dev pc via ethernet, so what address do I put to save the image on my desktop, for example? Apologies if the answer to my question can easily be found somewhere other than this forum, but my google-based research has not been fruitfull.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,677 Views)

Do you have a directory shared on your PC?  If so, I'd try the network path to that directory such as \\MyPCName\c\DirIShared

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,671 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,656 Views)

Hi mprevodnik,

You may be able to set up your PC as an FTP server and just FTP it over ethernet. Here is resource on how to do so with a Windows XP machine, but you can just adjust it for Windows 7.

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,620 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have Vision Builder VI, so I can't complete step 10. I tried to run my VI anyway and it still isn't writing any files, despite not receiving any errors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,606 Views)

Hi mprevodnik,

You might want to look at using FTP in order to transfer information from the RT to your host:
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15379

Paolo F.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,579 Views)