LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Sequencing

Ok, I see how it works now. One thing to note - if you choose the letters from the front (a) to the end (z) then it only checks the first you click - to finish the puzzle you need to choose in reverse order.

I think changing to a picture ring will suit you better for this application - I'm working on it now but it seems like it should be pretty simple to use that. I'm using the pictures you helpfully provided on the BD but there's no blank picture so you'll have to change the first image.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(813 Views)

Just use a picture ring indicator. It turns a number into a picture display directly. Very little code needed.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(804 Views)

Here's my attempt. I didn't make any changes to your alphabet initialization, but you could consider creating (for example) a cluster of boolean buttons with the boolean text equal to the letter. That would simplify the event case code for A:Value Change. Take a look and make sure you understand how it works (and why your previous VI required the values to be input in reverse order. Using the 'Highlight Execution' option (the lightbulb) should make this much clearer.

I removed the case structure you had but you should note that LabVIEW has a built-in node for 'First Call?', so you don't need to check against i=0. Instead, the constant first value is wired to the shift register from the outside. This, in combination with the initialization of the boolean array A, makes it look a little nicer when it starts (you don't need to choose Edit > Reinitialize to Default as often, if at all. Note, there is a programmatic way to do this that you can consider in future if you need it.)

Let me know if you have any further questions!

GCentral
Message 13 of 18
(811 Views)

Just going to link to the more recent copy of the same question so that hopefully this can also be marked as resolved if the solution there solves the problem.

See this thread.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(802 Views)

Hi Gheggie,

some people think they get more/better answers when they start several threads for the very same topic (but this is just annoying behaviour)!

Some people think they get answers faster when they beg for help for their homework IN CAPITAL LETTERS. While this board provides help for LabVIEW problems we usually don't hand out homework for free…

You seem to belong to both of these groups of people… (I merged your threads.)

Did you already got your result for this homework?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 15 of 18
(787 Views)

Thank you so much for your help with this! Last thing, is there anyway you could attach the 2015 version of LV? It wont let me open it!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(777 Views)

I used the images from your vi's blockdiagram for the picture ring

hangman.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(766 Views)

@Gheggie wrote:

Thank you so much for your help with this! Last thing, is there anyway you could attach the 2015 version of LV? It wont let me open it!

Backsaved for 2015.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(757 Views)