LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Defects in Video split into image sequences

Hello All...

I am using Vision Builder for automated Inspection software to detect problems in video.

Basically, what I am doing is taking video and rendering out individual frames into .tiffs.   I am sorting through those tiffs in the software looking for problems like analog drop-out or chroma strobing.  

I am having trouble determining which tools are best, as the focal points of the images changes from time to time and colors seem to be less edge based then I would like.

If anyone has some recommendations on an effective way to proceed, please let me know

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)

Hi,

National Instruments has the following software and hardware available for video analysis

http://sine.ni.com/ds/app/doc/p/id/ds-344/lang/en

Luis S
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,167 Views)

Greetings mestepp,

Can you better define what defects you are looking for?  It appears that you are acquiring an analog signal (PAL).  The defects in 45396.001_Unc_PAL_000000.jpg ‏would typically be caused by problems with the analog signal itself, like sync or timing issues.  However, the defects pointed out in 001707 and 009798 seem more like a potential issue with digital transmission of the signal and the encoding/decoding of that signal.  Is your DUT receiving a digital signal, then outputting it via PAL?

NI does offer analysis of the analog signal via NI VMS .  Although NI VMS does offer the ability to analyze a PNG, JPG or BMP, the timing and other critical information that you'd be interested in for at least the 000000 case would be lost when saved into those formats.  You could use our NI VMS hardware and software to acquire and analyze your analog signal, and can also also automate the process through NI LabVIEW or TestStand.

If you are interested in defects introduced by the digital transmission of a video, we also offer NI PQA.  PQA does not natively acquire from analog sources, because the type of defects you are looking are introduced in the actual transmission of the video.  However, if your only output format is PAL, you can find an Analog to HDMI/DVI converter to use.

If those solutions don't work for your application, the NI Vision Tools give you a lot of power to process and analyze the images the way that best fits your application.  I would recommend the NI Vision forums, or if you have a support contract contacting support for further assistance.

Regards,

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,148 Views)