From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying 2nd and 3rd Loop in a Graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a question for those who are talented in signal analysis using LabVIEW. I have a graph (attached below) in which I have to identify the 2nd and the 3rd peak values as well as the width of the first peak that's marked as 'W' in the image. Is there any one who can help me with that?

Add 273 on whatever Celcius said.
-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(3,965 Views)

Check "Waveform peak detection"

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(3,951 Views)

With the waveform peak detection I am able to get the first peak's value but not the second or the third ones. 

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(3,947 Views)

You should get an array of peaks as output and should thus be able to get all analyzed peaks. Does this not work for you?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(3,928 Views)

You have to properly set the width- Parameter of the peaks. I was with these parameters successful:

Find Peaks.png

Find Peaks FP.png

Btw, there seem to be a bug in the copy-paste-function of the waveform graphs. On the FP the cursors are set correctly to the peak- values. I will post this in a different thread.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(3,895 Views)

That isso nice Dave, thanks. I actually need to identify the peaks programatically. So I guess I have to develop the program you share with me.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(3,866 Views)

Btw, below I share with you the actual vi I am working on. I need to identify the peak points for the reflection graph that is highlighted red in color. I hope now you have a better idea about what I am trying to do.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(3,863 Views)

Hello,

unfortunately I don't have LV2016 installed yet. Could you save ist as 2015- version?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(3,852 Views)

Hello Dave, Sure. I have attached 2015 version of the same program.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(3,846 Views)

This doesn't really help me, sorry. There is no data I can work with.

Please run the VI once, then when there is data shown in the waveform graph, right-click on it and select "Data Operation / Make Current Value Default". Then save the VI and post it again (LV2015 Smiley Very Happy)

With that you send me the data you try to analyze. I would change the waveform graph to a control and don't need the source you get your data from.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(3,840 Views)