From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas on how to display a moving animation target on second computer monitor.

I am trying to take take images as an eye moves.  I have two computer monitors.  I would like to use one to have all the front panel controls.  The other would move an animation target in a predefined path on the monitor.  I would then use a camera to acquire several images while the target was moving.   I need to precisely know where and when the target starts, its speed, and when and where it starts on the monitor. I was thinking of using the IMAQ WindDraw to create some target image, then use WindMove to move the target to some predefined location, then acquire the image, and move target and repeat.  I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas that would work better, since this might not be fast enough or not "look" good?  Thanks for any input/suggestions.

Kevin Baker 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,182 Views)
Hello kbaker,

Thank you for using National Instruments discussion forums.  It sounds like you are on the right track for the type of application you need.  I happen to have written a small example program that does almost the same thing except for the acquiring which will hopefully get you started.  It is written in LabVIEW 8 so let me know if this does not work or if you have anymore questions. 

Thanks and have a great day.

Regards,
Mark T | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,150 Views)