LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Library xml went astray

The Help file links to "http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/exvefe" no longer work

This saddens me since I can't use either the sync tool or find the xml file to manually sync.Smiley Frustrated

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,628 Views)

Here's the XML file that I downloaded from there a little over a year ago.  Yes, call me a little paranoid.  So it might not be the latest, but it will be mostly there.

I tried putting up the entire zip file (which contains the icons as well), but it was over 6MB, so the forum didn't like that.  If you have another location for me to put the zip file, I'll do what I can.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 13
(3,614 Views)

Surprisingly, its one of the things I just deleted from the 16G on my keychains.  The zip is still findable.  The tool and expressions on decibel need a patch. Oh Jordan... Get on it quickly please.  Perhaps float a working link to the XML as a workaround til the team fixes the expression.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,598 Views)

Tim, that worked like a charm this morning.

I wonder, has anyone ever been sucessful twice synchronizing the Icon library from the icon editor menu "Tools>>Synchronize with ni.com Icon Library"?

I swear It worked once for me in 2009

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,563 Views)

I think I was successful once synchronizing years ago when that method first came about.

Since then, I'm in an 0-fer streak in getting that to synchronize with the NI.com library.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,559 Views)

Nope never had it work.  

I have a glyphs package I made a while ago and I tried including all the extra ones from NI so I don't deal with trying to make it work anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,557 Views)

I have had absolutely no success with the automatic sync.  I have always had to download the zip file with the icons and the XML file separately.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,551 Views)

Hmmmm... If Brian, Tim and I all know the tool is busted..... What CAR is it being tracked under?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,542 Views)

Well this sort of thing might be hard for NI to say is a bug that needs a CAR.  Maybe while on NI's servers everything has always worked.  And when someone else who has a poor network connection files a bug, NI just says of the problem is on your end.  I'm not saying that is my experience with NI on this issue, I'm just thinking of reasons NI hasn't addressed it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,539 Views)

Very odd. The direct link does not work (from inside NI right now, in any case). However, if you click on the "return to Info Codes" link on the error page, then type in "exvefe", you get the XML file. I will inform the web team of the problem. Thanks for bringing it up.

Update: Your link above has an extra " at the end, causing it to fail. The correct link is working at the moment. If you are still having problems, let us know.

Message 10 of 13
(3,506 Views)