LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI drivers to simulate instruments - 34980A/34921A mux

Hi PKI,

I think the reason you are getting the errors is because your Channel 1 and Channel 2 inputs are not configured correctly.  I believe the default inputs are simply placeholders and you actually have to put in the channel names that are for the instrument.  These channels are going to be specific to the instrument itself.

Regards,

Hassan Atassi
Senior Group Manager, Digital Support
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(556 Views)

@PKI wrote:

Thanks RTSLVU. At this point, I still don't have the hardware with me and so, using the IVI drivers, I am hoping to simulate the hardware to build libraries that would save me coding time after the hardware arrives.

I will post questions relating to 34980A here when I run into issues once I start testing my code on the H/W.

FYI: With the 34980A having 34921A muxes and the inbuilt DMM, I am wanting to build LabVIEW vis to switch the mux contacts for different signal path connections, make LCR or voltage/current measurements using the DMM etc.  I am still in the process of learning the exact way of specifying such connections in the 34980A.  

For instance, I have attached a VI snippet to make a connection + measurement. Do you see anything wrong with the code? Is that the correct way of specifying the channel list (5002,5911)? Does empty channel list in configure "" mean DMM selected?

Any help much appreciated,

PKI

Now I am embarassed Smiley Embarassed We use the Agilent 34970

But the 34980 just looks like a larger version of the 34970 so I am assuming programming would be simmilar.

With the 34970 you must always specify a channel or channel list or you will receive an error.

The thing to remember is there is only one meter inside, you are multiplexing the inputs to it so every channel must be configured as to measurment type.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(553 Views)