LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO-on-TCP

How do I iso-on-tcp connection? Someone... please... can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,693 Views)

What do you mean by ISO? Are your refering to RFC 1006? You will need to be more clear about what you want to do.

If this is a protocol, you will need to get a specification for it and write an implementation of it in LabVIEW. Or you may be able to find someone who has done this already. As to how difficult or easy that would be would depend on the protocol itself.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,690 Views)

I'm trying to communicate one plc s7-300 with labview, but the labview will be simulate a situation, therefore needs be ISO-on-TCP (RFC1006), that's a protocol of communication of the s7-300.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,678 Views)

You may want to look at this link. I haven't worked with this in the past but I imagine that someone might have developed the code to support this. Worst case you have to dig through the defitions of the packets required to support your device and build them by hand.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,667 Views)

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,664 Views)

I have once connected the LabVIEW with the S7-300 PLC and step 7 by using OPC servers. May be these links will be helpful.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Industrial-Communications/Interfacing-S7-300-PLC-with-OPC-variable-not-havin...

http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/doc/p/id/wv-263

Naqqash
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,649 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,271 Views)

Hi Naqqash,

Did you manage to have normal communication between OPC server and S7-300?

Are you sure that S7-300 supports OPC?

Now I am going to communicate with a S7-300 PLC with NI OPC Server. But I am not sure it supports OPC, and the OPC has appropriate drivers for S7-300.

Thanks and regards,

Gevorg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,960 Views)