LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISMATEC REGLO DIGITAL tubing pump to NI USB485

Hello,

I have one ISMATEC tubing pump REGLO DIGITAL, it has two ports, RS232 IN and RS232 OUT. I want to control it by using NI USB485. Datasheet shows that the port RS232 IN is for operation controlling via PC and RS232 OUT is for cascading up to others pumps. So I should connect USB485 with RS232 IN, and let RS232 OUT to no connection. So, here are my questions:,

1) Connection:      I set RS485 as National Instrument's suggestion( http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3EB322DAEAACB19D862571F500021C00 ). The photo shows the connection I did between USB485 and RS232. But it didn't work. So I doubt that whether my connection is correct.

2) Labview drivers:      I have downloaded the Labview drivers from ISMATEC's website and test it, but it shows un error 7001, does anyone know what does it mean?

3) Test programme:    I found two programs from ISMATEC: 'ISMATEC termial 0.905' and 'ISMATEC@pump control', but neither of them works. For the ISMATEC terminal 0.905, I tried several commands but the pump didn't get it neither it  respond. For 'ISMATEC@pump control', it even fail to find my pump. Does anyone know which program should I use and how to use it?

These are my questions, thank you very much for your help.
Sincerely

connection between RS485 and RS 232.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,327 Views)

I guess you also have to connect the GND pin to GND pin (pin5 at RS232 to pin1 at RS485 DB9 sockets).

Another option is just forget the RS485 interface, and you buy a RS232-to-USB adapter (few EURs). Then you connect simply the PC to the pump using a straight cable. Regarding to the manual, page 31, the TX and RX pins are already reversed at the pump side, so a straight serial cable (pins connected to same pins at both ends) should just work:

http://www.ismatec.de/images/pdf/manuals/Reglo_Digital_new.pdf

edit: maybe your PC or laptop has a built-in RS232 socket? So even easier, you just need a straight serial cable, and connect them...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,323 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your rapid respond, I have tried to connect two GND, but it didn't work. I'm going to  find a converter of USB to RS232.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,310 Views)

Hi! 

Ofk it's too late, but I will leave it there for a future users.

The wiring scheme you provided is not correct. This pump uses a simple straight through RS-232 wiring scheme as follows:

Ismatech Reglo ICC RS232 wiring.png

 I am using it now and it works. I have no idea why they did not include it in the manual. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(297 Views)