cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP camera Sony SNCEB600B LabView driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am looking for a LabVIEW driver for the Sony SNC EB600B video camera.

I need some basic functions like changing the frame rate, resolution, taking photos and video streaming. 

All of this is supported by web browser, but I would like to attempt to pursue some LabVIEW programing. 

Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,100 Views)

Hi pawel,

Do you have installed Vision Acquisition Software?

Do you see the camera in MAX?

Regards,

IR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,043 Views)
Hi Zody

I do not have the Vision software. Is that the LabVIEW toolbox?
Does It have any free replacement?
Any other idea?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,027 Views)

MAX is the Measurement and Automation Toolbox, which gets installed when you install the LabVIEW Drivers.  You do need to install the LabVIEW Drivers (it is generally OK to install the latest drivers), and be sure to install the Vision drivers (especially IMAQdx).

Depending on your version of LabVIEW, you should see an icon on your desktop labelled NI-MAX.  In LabVIEW 2014, it is a stylized N (or maybe an X).  Double-click MAX to open it up.  Have your camera plugged into an IP port.

Do you have software to set the IP address (or to find out the IP address) of your camera?  You'll want to have the camera's IP address compatible with the IP port that you use.

Once MAX starts, you should see, in the left hand pane, something like the following:

MAX IP Camera.png

Note that I've expanded, under My System, Devices and Interfaces, and under that, Network Devices.  It shows an Axis IP Camera, called "cam1", connected to this system.  I could then click on this Camera and the right-hand pane would open up and allow me to look at and adjust camera settings.

See if you can get MAX up and running, and see if you can "see" your camera.  Report back here if you need further help.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,022 Views)

Hi Bob

The camera does not appear in MAX. I can create the TCP socket manually but that is about it.

I read somewhere on this forum that MAX as default communicate only with two types of IP camera and Sony is not one of them. 

But since I can open the camera view in web browser somebody must have written some sort of LabVIEW driver to talk to camera like this?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,945 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pawel

Hi

In case anybody every bough Sony SNC-EB600B or such with IPELA engine and wants to interface with LabVIEW

Getting somwhere at least with the still image grabbing. 

I have found very useful link here, which gave me the idea what to do. Then sniffing the ethernet with wireshark and getting the url of the camera streams also was crucial. 

The URLs are (at least in this camera): 

still images

http://ip_camera/oneshotimage1

streams

ImageCodec1
http://ip_camera/image1

Now accessing I did via the HTTP client, for still images now. See enclosed Vi.

So now at least I can read the images, which is essential for me. The video stream I can see in the browser so that is good for now. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,924 Views)