LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.INI file

Hi,

I have problem to realize the second section.

The file is attachment in below

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,871 Views)

Hi Tina,

the 2nd "section" needs to have its own section key, similar to the [Report] for the 1st section!

LabVIEW will not write empty lines by default…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,847 Views)

Tina,

you should also post the code you are currently working on.

I understand that the ini you posted was generated by yourself using a text editor like MS Notepad. Is that correct?

What i find rather odd on that ini file is the naming of the keys vs. what i think you expect as data in the application. I recommend you to rethink the names of the keys to be more generic as this will result in a better scalability.

Most important thing is that ini file doesn't support arrays as data type. So either you flatten the array to a single string or you have to split the array (as you do) into separate keys. Point is that in an 2D array, each element is defined by the row AND the column. So your keys should reflect the position in the array like R1C1, R2C1, ...

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 3 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Hi Norbert_B

yes, my text has Notepad proprity.

my problem  was born for the second section  where i should create the table with thier priority ( in .ini file) and design the table in word application, in the attachment you can see the code for the first section.

can you tell me which way is the best?

Best regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,822 Views)

I would just use the configuration file API.  That way you know it is formatted correctly and it is easier to work with.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(2,798 Views)