LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INI file being modifed with the addition of double quotes.

We are running a large LV program on an embedded computer using:

Windows XP SP3

Traditional DAQ

LV 8.5

LV 2009 

The code was started with traditional and had been updated using 8.5.  Five weeks ago the executable was generated with LabVIEW 2009 and was running fine until last week.  System quit for about 1 1/2 days and then started working.  A similar occurence happened the day before yesterday.

The INI folder seems to have been corrupted.  There are 16 fields in the file:

5 fields have double quotes around the values

3 fields have two sets of double quotes

1 field has 3 parameters with one set of double quotes and 1 paramete with 2 sets of double quotes.

7 fields have no quote marks (Normal).

Has anyone seen similar issues with the INI file being modified and what was the solution?

I searched the NI Developer Zone, but did not find anything which seem similar.

Thanks,

P.S. We are in the process of a full re-write, but it will take a while.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,982 Views)
I don't know what you mean by "field" in an INI file. INI files have sections, keys, and values. If you're referring to values having quotes then is this happening with string values? If so, this is by design. The Write Key does this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,979 Views)

There was a code change in "Write Key (String).vi" between LabVIEW 8.6 and 2009.  In 8.6 a string value is saved as-is, while in 2009 it is surrounded with double-quotes.  So, if you were adding your own double-quotes in 8.6, you get an extra set when you upgrade to 2009.  This will cause problems since parser in Read Key which will read both 3 and "3" as 3, but will read ""3"" as "3".

Message 3 of 4
(3,951 Views)

Ran into the same issue with quotes being added to the value in LV 2009 forward.  fwiw, I've attached a drop in replacement for Write Key (String).vi that doesn't write quotes or escape characters to the file. I just tore out all of the privately scoped subVIs from Add Key.vi so there's one monolithic diagram with no library dependency.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,612 Views)