LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx missing and not detecting camera

WoodySLB wrote:

Turned out I had installed Vision Development Module but not Vision Acquisition module not realising they were seperate entities! 

Yeah I learned that too relatively recently.  Why this isn't just some free thing like Device Drivers for DAQmx, I'll never know.  I mean why do you need a license to use an GigE camera?  Do you need a license to use an RS-232 device?  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,036 Views)

I may be totally wrong about this, but I think the difference is that the Vision Acquisition Module is to allow LabVIEW to acquire images, and is an "add-on" (and "extra charge") Toolkit.  We use this, as we are acquiring images from GigE cameras.  I think the Vision Development Toolkit is for fancy Image Processing, the sort of thing where they "find the part that has the word "Bad" written on it" or "sort the falling marbles, separating the red from the blue".  Still, why charge for one and not the other is an interesting question for Bean Counters (is there a VI for that?).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,027 Views)

Please go through this for Vision Acquisition software and Vision development module differences:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/45A5682F377996BB862572B50072787F

-Also as eric quotes in this "You should definitely always be using the latest version of VAS as long as it supports the version of LV you are using it with. You should not have to install an older version of VAS tied to the version of LV you are using, unless you are using a version of LV that is too old to be supported by that version of VAS."

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/imaqdx-Hex-0xBFF69026-License-not-activated/m-p/3066757#M4422...

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(998 Views)

I had the same problem on my computer: VAS was installed after LV; IMAQ API was present in LabVIEW, but IMAQdx API was missing. Going into NI License Manager and explicitly activating Vision Acquisition Software fixed the problem. Thanks DanC12 and Hooovahh!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(960 Views)