cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx change fps adquiring with USB camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Im working with Labview to process images captured with an USB camera. I would like to know how to change the adquiring conditions of the camera, in special the frame rate per second (fps), the video mode and the resolution. I need to change this parameters in real time, while the program is running.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,484 Views)

Hi!

You need to use a property node on the IMAQdx-reference. Use the property "ActiveAttribute" and "Value".

Unfortunately, the names and datatypes vary from camera to camera, so you will first need to find out what the attribute names for framerate and resolution are. You can do this by using the "IMAQdx Enumerate Attributes VI".

Good luck!

/Dan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,434 Views)

Thank you very much for your response. That would solves the problem, but now I know that with my cameras the attribute to change the frame rate is not available. How could I find out which cameras has this attribute writable?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,430 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AurelioSilva

Hello again!

I have yet not found a single camera where the frame rate was not changable. Maybe you need to change the video mode.

I have created some snippets for you to play with (attached). Drag and drop the images to a vi block diagram to copy the code (You might have to save the images to disk first).

Best regards

Message 4 of 5
(4,415 Views)

how to know the attributes names
here is the result the i got from my camera i hope someone can help me

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,674 Views)