LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx USB Camera low Resolution -- "For internet Use" Option?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a USB camera that is directshow compliant. The resolution of the camera should be close to 2600x2000 (not sure on exact). When I see available "Video Modes", the highest resolution is 352x288 resolution. 

The company supplying the camera told me to uncheck "For internet Use" in the property Panel to help fix the resolution problem. 

I don't see this option anywhere. I looked in the IMAQdx property node as well for any "internet attribute" 

Any ideas on where this option is or how I can fix this poor resolution?

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,857 Views)

Hey Tony,

In MAX, open the camera and go to the attributes section. At the View Options check "All Attributes". If the one you are looking for is no there, it's not being passed via DirectShow and you won't be able to change it using IMAQdx. You might need to install some software from the camera vendor to change the attribute.

Christian

Message 2 of 10
(2,831 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author griplegraple

The "For Internet Use" option apparently does not exist in LabVIEW (atleast v. 2010). 

For the directshow driver, the vendor of the camera (Motic) created a new registry file that I imported into the registry and this fixed the resolution problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,814 Views)

Hi, Tony

Can you show us how you update the registor for directshow driver.

Lawrence

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,593 Views)

Hello Lawrence,

I contacted the vendor and they sent me a "registration entries" file. To update you just open the file. I was using a Moticam camera and the original SDK didn't allow for some of the changes in the directshow driver so that is why they sent an update. If you are also using Moticam, I can send you the same file, otherwise, contact the vendor directly.

-Tony

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,563 Views)

Hi, Tony

I have a moticam 2MP. I have contact them right after i saw your post, have not heard anything yet. Could you send me the copy just to try. 

thanks,

Lawrence

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,559 Views)

Hi Lawrence,

If you got the registration file for the camera, can you please send it to me or post it up.

Cheers,

Lior

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,410 Views)

Hi Tony,

Can you please send me the registration file you got for your camera. I am having the exact same resolution problem.

Cheers,

Lior

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,408 Views)

Dear Lior,

The attached file should work.

-Tony

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,380 Views)

Thanks!