LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ read/write not working in executable

Hi,

Working on a program which is supposed to take pictures with a uEye camera and save the pictures while displaying them as miniatures (ROI) under the main display frame (also ROI). Furthermore, clicking on a button should display the image in the main frame again. The camera can also be in live mode before and after saving a picture.

I'm using IMAQ Write File 2 to save the image as a bmp file and IMAQ ReadFile to read them into the main frame. It all works fine to save and read in LabVIEW run mode but when I build it to an executable, it won't write or read any files. Running the .exe as administrator does not make any difference.

Another thing that's bugging me is that the read image displays changes to the current camera view when I resize the window, scroll, zoom etc. Right clicking and saving manually is not possible in the .exe either.

Any thoughts on this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,962 Views)

Is the executbale running on the same computer as the development tool or on a target computer that does not have the development tool?

CLD | CTD
LabVIEW 2011 SP1 | TestStand 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,957 Views)

Thanks for showing interest!

Yes, it's on the same computer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,950 Views)

Are you collecting any error information from the VI in question?

Error information would be helpful to determine if the system thinks everything is working fine or if something is amiss.

CLD | CTD
LabVIEW 2011 SP1 | TestStand 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,947 Views)

I added a Read Error which gave me an error code, 1074395995, which is simply "File not found" according to http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281L-01/imaqvision/imaqvisionlverrorcodes/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,943 Views)

This did lead me into one solution though.

Instead of converting a string to a path, I used a path constant and browsed the files. Must have been something in the conversion. Not ideal since the path is hardcoded but it works for now. If you have another suggestion, please share.

Otherwise thanks for the guidance!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,934 Views)

Hi nijohan!

This does not sound as the desired behavior. Which version of LabVIEW are you using? Could you send me an example program that shows this behavior? If there is something wrong with the conversion tool we certainly want to know about it.

BR Johan, NI Sweden

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,918 Views)