LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ: "image to array" directly wired to "array to image" seems to have a pb with U16

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.

I am using the two VIs "ImageToArray" (ITA) and "ArrayToImage" (ATI) to do some image processing, and I've noticed something strange I'd like to share with you.

I am acquiring 16bits data from a GiGe camera. If I wire the output image of the camera to the ITA VI, and then I wire the output of ITA directly to the input of ATI, I cannot get the image back!

Look at the files I attached. Image2 should simply show the same picture as Image1, shouldn't it...? But it doesn't!

Did I miss something, maybe...?

Does anyone has an explanation/solution?

(If it might be of any importance, please note that the camera dynamic is 12 bits. But I don't think that would change anything if it was 16 "full" bits...)

For your information, if I try to do exactly the same with 8 bits data, then it works perfectly fine. Only when the camera returns 16 bits data si there a pb.

Best regards.

Luc

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,640 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LucG

I think, your camera deliver I16 image, but you using U16 - therefore array is empty and you see nothing.

Try to use I16 instead:

i16.png

(and check all your image's types and control error outputs)

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,605 Views)

It works!

I knew there was something wrong...

I thought I tested your solution, but obviously I did not! ^^

It's weird how sometimes simple solutions are so hard to see, even if they are right in front of you.

I tested U8 and U16, but not I16.  *sigh*

Thanks a lot.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,597 Views)