cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ image to 3d intensity plot

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I know it would be an easy question to answer to most of you, but it does give a hard time here. I want build a simple beam profiler for the lasers in my lab (see attached vi). My issue is that ideally I would want the 3d plot (which is in gray at the moment) to be in false color (kind of like the one shown in the example.jpg). Would anyone have an idea on how to do this?

I include in my attachments a picture of an actual beam, in case you want to run the code. Please excuse the messy code, it's the first time I'm working with the IMAQ pallette and simply wanted to see what can be done with it. Please tell me if you need more info and thanks in advance 😄

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,272 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Skata

Hello Skata,

Right-Click on Image Display "Image3" --> Palette --> Rainbow.

Smiley Happy

--------------------------------
The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,257 Views)

Damn, that was easy 😛
Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,250 Views)

Would you know whether there is a way to rotate the created object the way you would do in 3dsurface plot, rather than having to use set orientations?
Also, when you try to save the image, although it is displayed in the rainbow palette, it's being saved still in grayscale...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,248 Views)

Ok, found a the workaround for saving in the palette I want. Still haven't managed the rotation feature though...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,244 Views)

Hello Skata,

Rotation is not possible with the method you are currently using.

To make an rotatable intensity plot you have to convert the image into XYZ values.

Were X and Y are the position of the pixels and Z is the intensities.

You can get the Z values using the "ImageToArray" function.

Than use this XYZ data to plot a "3D Graph". This graph can be rotated using the mouse cursor.

Smiley Happy

--------------------------------
The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,216 Views)

Hi Heinen,

Thanks for your reply. My issue is that have tried that, but with no luck. I guess I'm stuck with the way the XYZ values need to be formatted for the 3dSurface plot. A hand there would be much appreciated 😄

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,210 Views)