From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Overlay Text and then Writfile at the Wrong Size

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using IMAQ to display a picture and then I want to draw lines using ROI, and overlay text, before exporting it as either a jpg or bitmap.

Please take a look at the attached Front Panel jpg.  This shows part of my front panel image and I've drawn a Line ROI, and next to the line I've added some text.  It looks great.  But when I use either IMAQ Write File 2 or IMAQ Write File, then the ROI and overlay don't look correct.  Please look at OverlayLV - you can kind of see the line (only now it's green), and the text is really tiny.

Thanks for any assistance!

Steve

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,397 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve_G

Hi All,

I figured it out.  Before adding the ROI and overlays I had to resample the image to the size of my IMAQ indicator.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,395 Views)

Please mark your own response as the solution so that others on the forum can easily see that this is resolved.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,389 Views)

This is quite old but I had the same issue.

I resolved it selecting a "User-specified Font" for the "Merge overlays" VI instead of other choices (system font, application font or dialog font).

Hope it can helps.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(803 Views)