LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Color 2 VI

I am wanting to process a jpg image from my camera and (1) look at a histogram of the pixel's three RGB color coordinates and (2) convert the pixel's RGB color coordinates to CieLab colorspace so I can likewise obtain three histograms of the L, a and b values as well as obtain some statistical data with respect to the three L, a and b populations (e.g., mean, standand deviation, mode, min, max, etc.).  When I look at subfunctions within "Vision and Motion," I find neither the ColorHistogram or the "RGBToColor 2" functions, which I believe are what I need.  QUESTIONS: Does access to these functions require additional NI capabilities?  If I need to download something I've missed, please provide the appropiate actions,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,214 Views)

Hi,

I believe you need the Vision Development Module to perform this kind of processing. Here are some links:

http://www.ni.com/labview/vision/

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F1699570F78FECBB86256B5200665134

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

-Kale 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,176 Views)

Kale, you are right.  However, this is what is set forth on the NI website:

The NI LabVIEW Student Edition Software Suite contains the following software:
-LabVIEW Student Development Environment
-LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
-LabVIEW MathScript RT Module
-LabVIEW Digital Filter Design Toolkit
-LabVIEW Modulation Toolkit
-LabVIEW System Identification Toolkit
-NI SignalExpress
-LabVIEW Vision Development Module
-NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection
-NI Vision Acquisition Software

Most importantly, can anyone suggest how I might go about installing the Vision Development Module? . . . I do not find this module on the "Suite" disk provided.

Additionally, is there a way to confirm I have all the modules, toolkits, etc installed?  . . . For example, the Builder for Automated Inspection, MathScript RT Module, etc?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,092 Views)

In a posting on 5/10/15 by chndn021 titled "How can I verify the licenced addons/ toolkits installed in Controls palette LabVIEW Environment?" it was suggested and confirm (I.e., for chndn021 case, the 32bit version would solve the problems highlighted in my request for help above. Could this possibly be what I'm experiencing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,073 Views)

UPDATE: I am running the 32bit version, so the preceding comment re 32 vs 64 bit is invalid.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,048 Views)

Do you have a license for the Student Edition Software Suite?  Have you "activated" the Software?  If you are still having problems, give NI a call ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,038 Views)

Yes, I have a purchased copy (both Student Edition and Stdent Edition Suite) and yes, I plan to contact NI tomorrow. I have been unsuccessfully battling with this for a month. I'm sure its something simply and appreciate the input.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,011 Views)