From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDL node

I'd like to run IDL script from Labview. I downloaded and executed the LabViewScriptNode.exe from www.rsinc.com, but now I don't know what to do. I tried to find a IDL node in the programming functions but didn't find anything.
Does anyone know what to do ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,684 Views)

Hi,

I'm guessing you're the same person I've been talking to on a support call with reference to this. If not, then here's what I've been discussing with someone else!

The RSINC IDL script node only supports LabVIEW 7.1 (as described on their website (they're now ittvis) and their installer)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5F0EFEB0E566692E86257124006BE9CB

Even though I can copy the appropriate files (the .vi and a .dll) across to a later version of LabVIEW (8.2) when attempting to run it up, it will popup a debug dialog saying that it's an unsupported LabVIEW version.

You're going to need to speak to ittvis to find out if they have any plans to update it for LabVIEW 8.2 or talk to your sales engineer about getting a different version of LabVIEW if you're not already running 7.1.

Sorry

Sacha Emery National Instruments (UK)

Message Edited by SachaE on 01-16-2007 09:45 AM

// it takes almost no time to rate an answer Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 2
(2,666 Views)