From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM websphere MQ API (message queue middleware)

For a new project I need to retrieve data via an IBM websphere MQ server. After reading the Websphere MQ primer I concluded I can get the data on my local machine using Websphere MQ in a client configuration. Now, however, I need to write a labview application that collects all data for temporary storaging and querying. I have not found any API example code for connecting to any type of message queue middleware such as websphere MQ. Does anyone have any experience with Labview communicating with message queue software?

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,099 Views)

There should be some code for ZeroMQ listed on their site (in the langauge support section) and I think I remember someone posting code for RabbitMQ here or on LAVA.

(3,068 Views)

Hey everyone,

I'm guessing that this post is linked to the following post on LAVA:
http://lavag.org/topic/17732-zeromq-simple-fast-lightweight-communication-does-it-fill-a-gap-in-nis-...

If not, then please have a look at this discussion as it might be of some interest to you.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,052 Views)

Happy to see that messaging middleware is on the radar. However, I don't believe there is an Labview API for Websphere MQ yet. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,036 Views)

Hey aartjan,

If you refer to the Telemetry portion of the Websphere MQ, we programmed an API for MQTT.

Check it out at https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32539

Cheers

Peter

daqloud.com

CLD | Alliance Partner | Web data storage and visualization | daq.io
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,938 Views)

Hi Everyone

Can anyone please tell how to get registered for MQ appliance beta program? or is there any virtual environment available for the MQ Appliance ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,385 Views)

Hi Abdul,

Maybe it is an idea to ask IBM for appliance to the beta program.

This is a forum from National Instruments, so it is fairly unlikely that anyone here is able to help you.

Andreas

Andreas
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,371 Views)