Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2c problems with myRIO FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

First let me introduce myself because this is my first post on this forum:

My name is Stefan Ketelaars, Student engineering at a bachelor education electronic engineering (last year). At the moment I’m working on my internship project at the company ASML.

The project is a ball balancing robot. The microcontroller I'm using is the myRIO. With this device I’m using not only real-time but also the FPGA. I'm trying to implement a sensor which is using the i2c protocol. The idea is to let the senor read and write data from my real-time program to the PFGA module. After implementing an example in my code the end result is not really exiting. After initializing the sensor in my real-time program I’m entering my while loop, in this loop I’m writing and reading values to my FPGA to obtain data. At the moment all I’m receiving is 7 high bits instead of a changing data flow. My question is where it’s going wrong.

You can find the working sensor code in the "I2c angle data chip" VI
And I want to use the "I2C protocoll" >folder< to start the data flow with the FPGA
What im trying to do is implementing this code in my main programm "mainBallbot"

In my FPGA programm is already someting gong wrong when trying to send and receive data

Thanks for reading!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author stefan_keet@live.nl

This is the working I2C VI thats works under water with the FPGA which conflict with my FPGA programm

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,852 Views)