LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C FTCI2C problem

This could be due to many factor. Be sure that the address and base address is correct. Be sure that your wire are not too long. One issue I had with some device, is that I needed to add a delay between each read or write that can go up to 25ms. This depend on your wire. You need to be sure that you use the correct mask for the configuration. I do not know your level of expertise in I2C.
Message 11 of 20
(1,731 Views)

Hi SeanJ,

Because this is an older thread, you'll get more visibility if you post a new thread for your issue. On our forums, newer threads appear higher in the list, so you're more likely to get a response that way.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,723 Views)

Hi bseguin.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a bit of experience with i2c, (SBC and proprietary software) but not through labVIEW.

I am expecting to specify the address, send a command and get a reply using the FTDI cable.  I have 5V pull-ups as the sensor is 5V rated and the cable 3.3V, (I spoke with FTDI and they assured me it should work with the pull-ups).

I'm not sure what you mean by the 'the address and base address'.  What is the difference between them?

Also, what is the correct mask?  By this do you mean what I would call the command?

Thanks,

Seán

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,710 Views)

duplicate... 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,710 Views)
If you look at the manufacturer datasheet, you will see the base address. Then usually you can set 3 other pin for the device address. You might have also a write protect pin in the case of an EEPROM. Can you send details about your setup?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,695 Views)

Hi bseguin,

There's no setup of any significance.

I have a TE 4525DO-DS5AI015DP pressure sensor.  I supply 5V from a tracopower 5V supply and have two 4.7k pullups resistors connecting SDA --> 5V and SCL --> 5V.  

I try to talk to it using the FTDI 3.3V I2C device which is also connected to the 5V pullups, (this is fine according to FTDI).

Rgds,

Seán

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,683 Views)

I did a quick schematic of the implementation.

i2c.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,674 Views)

According to the manufacturer datasheet, the base address for your package in I2C interface is I = I2C (Addr.0x28H)

So to access the device, be sure you use the address 28 in hex format.

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,669 Views)

Hi Benoit,

I posted my question in a new thread.  It references your code.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/I2C-communications-using-FTDI-MPSSE-Cable-and-TE-Pressure-Sensor/td-...

I added some traces to show that I transmit 0x28 and 0x51.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,660 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,585 Views)